A downloadable asset pack
Fully compatible with GMS:1 and GMS:2
This extension is compatible with all targets aside HTML5 (including iOS and Android)
A full GML-only video player implementation! Can play multiple videos at once with great performance (Average 2000 fps on mid range computer, 720p video). Smooth performance on low end & older mobile devices as well, video shows Galaxy Note 4 running at a constant 60 FPS (Capped).
- Truly cross platform playback. One line of code and one video file fits them all.
- Pause, fast forward video.
- Advanced timing mechanism: Audio and video always sync up to the target frame rate, despite what the game is running at.
- Use the video output as a texture. Run it through a shader, use it as a 3d model's texture, draw it to a surface, many more applications!
- Extremely light on memory, smart caching to keep the video ready to go
- Supports all major formats through converter
On a final note, there are other assets on the marketplace that provide multi platform video support, the distinction here being that they emulate a "video" by loading images as quickly as possible from the hard drive, making it virtually unusable on mobile devices and a big battery drainer. GMLVideo uses actual hard drive streaming, caching and on the fly decompression to deliver a fast and smooth video output.
Does not support HTML5
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 AUD. You will get access to the following files: